Overall wholesale values remained stable last week, however, luxury values continued to decline last week, according to Black Book's May 20 Market Insights report.
Overall car segment values decreased 0.05% last week, compared to a 0.08% decline the week prior. Overall truck segment values decreased 0.02% last week, compared to a 0.09% increase the week prior.
Nearly all car segment vehicles experienced flat values week-over-week. Sporty cars saw the biggest improvement, as values for the segment improved 0.36% week-over-week. Luxury cars experienced the biggest decline, falling 0.78% week-over-week.
Meanwhile, the truck segment saw more varied wholesale values. Compact vans and small pickups saw the biggest gains, with values increasing 0.78% and 0.44% week-over-week for the respective vehicle segments.
All luxury models in the truck segment, which include subcompact, compact, midsize, and full-size crossover/SUVs experienced week-over-week declines to wholesale value.