As vintage Chevrolet trucks increase in popularity with enthusiasts, more trucks are going up for auction and sale prices for the most coveted trucks keep increasing.
“Vintage trucks, especially Chevrolets, have been gaining popularity with collectors, to the point they are rivaling muscle cars,” said Craig Jackson, chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson Auction Company. “What’s interesting is collectors are looking for very different vehicles: The most collectible muscle cars are numbers-matching survivors; the most sought-after vintage trucks are full custom builds, and buyers are looking for both unique design elements and high-quality craftsmanship.”
“Part of the appeal of a vintage Chevrolet truck is the opportunity to build the custom truck of your dreams,” said Sandor Piszar, marketing director for Chevrolet Trucks. “Solid trucks can be found for relatively low costs, but the sky is the limit in terms of bodywork, chassis, and performance upgrades. As such, Chevrolet trucks are a great option for collectors of all ages.”
As we look back at 100 years of Chevrolet truck history, here’s a list of the nine most expensive Chevrolet trucks sold at Barrett-Jackson auctions to date.
- 1957 Chevrolet 3100 Custom Truck, sold for $214,500 in 2016
- 1950 Chevrolet 3100 Custom Pickup, sold for $205,700 in 2017
- 1957 Chevrolet Cameo Pickup, sold for $159,500 in 2007
- 1957 Chevrolet C-6 Custom Pickup, sold for $148,500 in 2011
- 1955 Chevrolet Cameo Custom Pickup, sold for $143,000 in 2013
- 1955 Chevrolet 3100 Custom Pickup, sold for $132,000 in 2006
- 1960 Chevrolet El Camino Custom Pickup, sold for $126,500 in 2017
- 1959 Chevrolet 3100 Custom Pickup, sold for $121,000 in 2014
- 1971 Chevrolet C-10 Custom Pickup, sold for $110,000 in 2014
Originally posted on Work Truck Online