Editor's note: In the email headline for the Oct 23 Reporter newsletter, Auto Rental News erroneously labeled Enterprise Holding's FYI2019 revenue as $25.9M. The figure is $25.9B.
Generating worldwide revenue of $25.9 billion in fiscal year 2019, Enterprise Holdings, Inc. and its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management achieved record revenue for the tenth consecutive year.
In the 2019 fiscal year, the organization recorded more revenue, transactions, vehicles, locations, and customer miles logged than ever before.
Additional select key highlights include:
- $25.9 billion in total revenue
- Expansion into several new markets, including Vietnam, Egypt, Finland, Japan, and Sweden
- Enterprise Truck Rental celebrated its 20th anniversary with double-digit growth in both fleet and revenue, and now serves all 50 states and Canada after opening 36 new locations.
- Enterprise Car Sales recorded double-digit growth for the fiscal year.
- Enterprise Fleet Management recorded its eighth straight year of double-digit growth in fleet size and revenue.
- Exotic Car Collection by Enterprise achieved double-digit growth in fleet size and revenue as it opened 20 new locations to lead the luxury car rental category.
- Commute with Enterprise saw strong revenue growth as it expanded its vanpooling programs and fleet throughout the U.S., helping reduce traffic congestion, parking requirements and carbon emissions.
- Enterprise CarShare and Enterprise Car Club achieved continued growth in fleet size and revenue, providing customers with additional local mobility alternatives.
Enterprise Holdings has spent more than $3 billion on acquisitions and corporate-venture capital investments or commitments since 2008. This includes investments in dozens of ground travel and technology companies in the U.S., Canada, U.K., France, Ireland, Spain, Brazil, Germany, Israel, and China.
As the largest annual purchaser of automobiles, Enterprise also is working closely with vehicle manufacturers to increase the number of connected vehicles in its fleet with the goal of offering a fully connected fleet of more than 2 million vehicles.
Originally posted on Auto Rental News