TORRANCE, CA - Toyota Financial Services (TFS), as part of its Making Life Easier for YOUth initiative, partnered with two auto remarketing firms, ADESA (www.adesa.com) and Norwalk Auto Auctions (www.norwalkautoauction.com), to provide a surprise holiday donation of $302,620 to be shared among 17 Boys & Girls Clubs in cities where the three companies operate.
In addition to local events across the country to recognize the combined $302,620 contribution, representatives of Toyota and The Boys & Girls Clubs of America held a special check presentation and celebration this on December 21 in southern California.
The donation is the result of a joint promotion from TFS and its auction partners.
From Nov. 25 - Dec. 19, 2011, for every vehicle purchased from TFS at any ADESA and Norwalk Auto Auction venues, the company has pledged a $50 donation to several local Boys & Girls Clubs and the auction houses have pledged an additional $15 to $25 per vehicle.
The promotion has provided Boys & Girls Clubs with much-needed funds at a time when more and more families are relying on the Clubs' after-school activities.
Boys & Girls Clubs programs include academic support, career enrichment, character and leadership development, health and life skills, the arts, sports and fitness and family support resources. In a safe, culturally sensitive, fun and caring environment, the Boys & Girls Clubs offer youth opportunities to develop a sense of belonging, usefulness, influence and caring.
"I'm incredibly proud to work for an organization that recognizes the need to assist youth, especially those in under-served communities. At Toyota Financial Services, we've partnered with the Boys and Girls Clubs on a local and national level for many years and we've seen the great impact they have in their communities," said Mike Reid, national remarketing manager at TFS. "We know the money raised through this promotion with our auction partners, ADESA and Norwalk Auto Auctions, will absolutely help make a significant and positive difference for thousands of kids."
The Boys & Girls Clubs benefiting from the joint donation include:
- Boys & Girls Club of Fontana , Calif.: $47,320
- Boys & Girls Club of Union County, N.J.: $40,170
- Boys & Girls Club of Lancaster , Pa.: $34,450
- Boys & Girls Club of Greater Dallas, Texas : $30,420
- Boys & Girls Club at Salvation Army of the Bluegrass, Va.: $26,650
- Boys & Girls Club of MetroWest Boston, Mass.: $23,660
- Boys & Girls Club of Greater Milwaukee, Wis. : $22,450
- Boys & Girls Club of Whittier , Calif.: $14,550
- Boys & Girls Club of Metropolitan Phoenix, Ariz. : $11,750
- Boys & Girls Club of San Leandro , Calif.: $11,750
- Boys & Girls Club of Metro Atlanta, Ga. : $9,750
- Boys & Girls Club of Central Florida , Orlando, Fla. : $7,250
- Boys & Girls Club of King County , Wash.: $6,650
- Boys & Girls Club of Greater Kansas City, Kan. : $5,900
- Boys & Girls Club of Oceanside, Calif.: $5,850
- Boys & Girls Club of Broward County , Fla.: $2,150
- Boys & Girls Club of Trenton / Mercer County, N.J. : $1,900