REDWOOD CITY, CA - OPENLANE, Inc., an online auction company in North America for automotive dealers to buy and sell wholesale vehicles announced it has launched a brand new mobile site optimized for Apple’s iPhone/iPod touch and Google’s Android-based smart phones that will give dealers access to OPENLANE’s online wholesale auction at any time from the convenience of multiple mobile devices.
In addition to having 24/7 access to high-quality wholesale used inventory on www.openlane.com, OPENLANE has extended its online access touch points so that busy dealers now have the ability to check in on account status, track auctions and search and bid on vehicles directly from their mobile phones. Dealers who navigate to OPENLANE.com from their Apple iOS (iPhone and iPod Touch) and Google Android devices (versions 2.0 or higher) will automatically be redirected to the mobile web application.
OPENLANE’s mission is to make the wholesale transaction process as easy and efficient as possible for dealers everywhere at any time. By providing customers with an added method for buying and selling vehicles from their smartphones, dealers now have access to the convenience and breadth of OPENLANE’s wholesale auction at their fingertips both when they are at the dealership or on the road.
“Having this functionality and access to OPENLANE.com gives me a huge competitive advantage and provides me the ability to bid on vehicles that I have been watching,” said Kraig Quisenberry, Bay Ford. “Now, I will have full confidence that I can get the vehicles I need from OPENLANE at any time from anywhere, which makes my entire sales process that much more efficient.”
“We know that dealers are leading increasingly mobile lifestyles and are constantly on-the-go,” said Clark Hammond, OPENLANE’s Director of Product Management. “With the explosive growth in the mobile landscape, the challenge is developing an offering that provides the greatest amount of reach. By utilizing HTML5 and CSS3, we’re able to provide a lightweight cross-platform mobile web application with a unified experience that takes advantage of gestures and other features commonly found on modern smartphones.”
The mobile site includes the following features:
- Quick and easy access to vehicles that are being bid on; vehicles that are watched; vehicles the dealer has expressed interested in, as well as vehicles recently purchased and/or lost through the Watchlist.
- Ability to search through thousands of vehicles via the most commonly used search attributes.
- High resolution photographs of the vehicle exterior and interior.
- Full vehicle condition reports, damage descriptions, equipment, tire condition, promotions and any additional disclosures.
- Ability to purchase vehicles listed in all of the available formats (auction, buy now, submit an offer or interest). In addition, dealers have full access to payment methods, transport by CarsArrive and other services such as Post-Sale Inspections and Buy Back Guarantee
“We created this mobile optimized site for our valued customers because we realize always-on accessibility to the auction is important for dealers to remain competitive, said Peter Kelly, President of OPENLANE. “They need any time access to purchasing options to find the best vehicles to fill their lots and now with OPENLANE’s new mobile functionality, they have it.”