MT. ARLINGTON, NJ – The International Automotive Remarketers Alliance (IARA) recently announced that Dan Heinrich, vice president of Asset Remarketing for AmeriCredit, has joined IARA’s Board of Directors. Heinrich will complete a two-year term. AmeriCredit is a leading independent automobile finance company that provides financing solutions indirectly through auto dealers across the United States.
“Being on the board of IARA gives me the opportunity to learn from and partner with industry leadership and to analyze trends from a unique perspective,” Heinrich said. “Open communication gives everyone the ability to drive change and standardization at the organization level.”
Heinrich has been with AmeriCredit for more than eight years in several roles, including Marketing, eServices, Project Management, and Product Development. In his current role, Heinrich leads a team responsible for the liquidation of repossessed assets through the utilization of auto auctions across the United States and Canada.
“I look forward to working with IARA and to adding value to the IARA’s relationships with remarketers, auctions, and buyers throughout my term,” Heinrich concluded.
Heinrich has a bachelor’s degree in business administration in marketing from Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas.
About The IARA
The IARA is a nonprofit organization composed of remarketing professionals dedicated to the continuous improvement of the vehicle remarketing industry. IARA was created in 2001 in response to a realization by several vehicle remarketing organizations that this multi-billion dollar per year industry had no direct representative organization. The IARA conducts two semiannual Roundtable industry meetings, one of which is in conjunction with a national remarketing conference. Further information is available at www.iaraonline.org.
Primary Purpose of The IARA
It is the primary purpose of the IARA to provide a forum in which members are able to maximize remarketed vehicle portfolio values. Functions include:
- Facilitate standardization of processes within the industry.
- Provide a medium to facilitate joint initiatives among Alliance members.
- Develop performance measurements for the industry.
- Provide a forum for sharing ideas, knowledge, and best practices.
- Encourage and support member adherence to the IARA Code of Ethics.
- Share information on legislative and regulatory issues impacting the remarketing industry.
- Provide a lobbying body to address legislative issues.
- Provide a process of continuing education focused on the support of best practices in the remarketing industry.