ISELIN, NJ – The National Association of Fleet Administrators’ (NAFA) Atlanta Chapter will host a fleet industry symposium at Manheim’s DRIVE Center Sept. 19-21, co-hosted by NAFA and DRIVE at the Marriott Atlanta Airport.
The two-day session is designed to help fleet managers better understand the entire remarketing process, including channel selection, performance benchmarking, accountability, and process improvement/optimization. Additional breakout sessions will provide insight on current fleet topics such as the use of guidebooks, the value of reconditioning, and projected residual values. The second day will consist of an optional ride & drive followed by a recreational afternoon session.
Key presenters include:
- Maryann Keller on the state of the auto industry and outlook for 2007 and beyond.
- Manheim Chief Economist Tom Webb on the state of the economy and how key metrics will impact both residuals in the future and used-car prices in the near term.
- Jonathan Banks of ALG on the ALG Commercial Fleet Residual Projection Guide.
- Sean McAlinden, VP of research and chief economist for CAR (Center for Automotive Research) in Ann Arbor, Mich., on fuel efficiency/"green" vehicles and where the Big 3 domestic OEMs stand in the overall industry outlook.
Registration can be completed online at www.manheimdrive.com. Registration fee is $175. To reserve a hotel room, call (800) 228-9290 and ask for the Manheim-NAFA room block. Transportation will be provided to and from the hotel to DRIVE and dress is business casual.
- Review of the entire vehicle lifecycle, emphasizing the value different parties bring to the remarketing relationship.
- Review the recent past and upcoming trends that will impact the commercial fleet industry. Specifically, how the new car market will impact residual values and “effective” depreciation.
- Darrin Aiken (Wheels)
- Bill Cieslak (PHH)
- Howard Graus (ARI)
- Jack Pierce (LeasePlan)
- Paul Seger (GE Remarketing)
- Jeff Bescher (Emkay)
- Layne Weber (Donlen)
- Discussion of the value of reconditioning, and an opportunity to see cutting-edge reconditioning technology applied in a laboratory environment.
- Selling vehicles through alternative channels.
- Witness the latest Internet bidding technology by participating in a real auction.
- Discussion of the ALG Commercial Fleet Residual Projection Guide.
- Revealing the truth about Fuel Efficient/”Green” vehicles.
- Attendees will participate in two separate 30-minute sessions, moderated by industry experts, the subject of which will be issues specific to the commercial fleet industry.
- Fuel Efficiency/”Green” Vehicles (Moderator: Sean McAlinden)
- Residual Value (Moderator: Jonathan Banks)
- Representatives from automotive manufacturers review the latest product features.
- Golf outing – Eagles Landing
- Atlanta Aquarium