As we reach the end of 2019, we’re looking back at the top 10 news stories and top five articles posted on Vehicle Remarketing this year.
If we were to condense the main topics of interest on this site based on these stories, it’d boil down to three: the continued investment and growth of the online wholesale market, insights into the operational structures of some of the biggest companies in remarketing, and analysis of how certain trends affect the wholesale market.
This year has been a big year for online sales. The industry saw companies devote large sums of money into enhancing their digital channels. There was more news about this topic in 2019 than there was in 2018, and this is a trend that is sure to continue to grow in 2020.
The popularity of the stories that looked behind-the-scenes of how certain companies operate shows that the industry is constantly trying to improve itself, and one way of doing that is by looking at what peers are doing.
And, there were many outside factors that have had a real effect on the automotive industry this year. Interest rate cuts and hikes, tariffs and trade wars, and the economy have all been factors that have had their effect on the automotive market, and there appears to be even more outside factors that could affect the automotive market looming in 2020.
Here are the Top 10 News Stories of 2019:
- These 3 Trucks and SUVs Saw the Heaviest Depreciation After a Year
- Recovery Database Network Launches Real-Time Repossession Status Tracking
- Experts Forecast the 2019 Used Vehicle Market
- GM Sells 15 Millionth Vehicle on Upstream Platform
- What the Fed's Flat Interest Rates Will Mean for Used Cars
- Manheim Expands its Adjusted MMR to AutoIMS
- Manheim Introduces New Vehicle-Tracking Technology
- ADESA Launches Live Digital Auction Marketplace
- ADESA Names Five New General Managers
- Bank of America Integrates Carvana into Digital Car Shopping Platform
Here are the Top 5 Articles: