IronPlanet sold more than 2,350 items for $93.8 million in gross merchandise volume (GMV) at its Cat Auction Services unreserved public auction in Kissimmee, Fla., last week. GMV from IronPlanet's five-day sale held from Feb. 8-12 increased 95% over GMV of $48 million for its three-day sale in February of 2015.
IronPlanet saw record attendance with more than 100,000 unique online attendees from 175 countries in addition to more than 1,100 registered bidders onsite. Equipment received international bids from bidders in 48 countries.
IronPlanet expanded its annual Florida auction to a fifth day this year in order to accommodate the many sellers who wanted to sell in this event. The auction showcased equipment from leading OEMs, construction and rental companies, dealers and national retailers, including Caterpillar, Volvo, John Deere, Komatsu, JLG, Genie, and Wal-Mart.
IronPlanet’s innovative Leaderboard technology provided online bidders the same views, videos and bidding experience as onsite bidders, while reaching a worldwide audience.
In addition to its regular weekly online sales, IronPlanet has a full schedule of upcoming sales through its Cat Auction Services marketplace in the U.S., Canada and the U.K., including:
- March 23 – St. Cloud, Minn., hosted by Ziegler CAT
- March 30 – Edmonton, Alberta, hosted by Finning
- April 13 – Denver, hosted by Wagner Equipment
- April 20 – United Kingdom, hosted by Finning
- May 3 – Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, with featured sellers Louisiana Cat, Mustang Cat, PipeLine Machinery, Riggs CAT and Warren CAT
Originally posted on Government Fleet