ADESA Boston believed 13 really is a lucky number as it geared up to host its 13th Annual Classic Car and Motorcycle Run this past Sunday, June 2. More than 200 motorcycles and 100 classic cars wound through the Massachussets towns of Framingham, Weston, Waltham, and Newton in this 30-mile police escorted “run.” All proceeds will benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
“I am fortunate to be able to participate in numerous charitable activities throughout the year, but this one will always remain near and dear to my heart,” said ADESA President and CEO (and Boston native) Tom Caruso. “It is amazing to see everyone pull together for a good cause — and it really is a great time with some amazing vehicles.”
What started as a casual conversation more than a decade ago between Caruso and ADESA Boston General Manager Jack Neshe has grown to a must-attend event for many in the surrounding areas.
“It just gets more and more exciting every year—the level of enthusiasm from our employees, our customers and our community continues to grow,” said Neshe. “I just can’t thank them enough, along with our local businesses and local law enforcement agencies, for continuing to support our annual fundraising event and these worthwhile charities.”
In its 13th year, the event has raised nearly half a million dollars for various children’s charities such as JDRF, Children’s Hospital Boston, Northern New England Down Syndrome Congress, and Autism Speaks. No expenses for the event are deducted from the proceeds, and all money raised goes directly to the charity.
In addition to the classic car and motorcycle run, the event offered:
- Music provided by 105.7 WROR
- Award-winning catering from The Chicken Bone
- Live auction with auctioneer Mike Chambers
- Fire engine tour courtesy of Framingham Fire Department
- Kids Bicycle Rodeo courtesy of the Framingham Police Department
- Fingerprinting courtesy of the Middlesex County Sheriff’s Office
- Prize raffles, face painting, and more…
- ADESA Boston's 12th Annual Classic Car and Motorcycle Run Benefits Autism Speaks
- ADESA Boston Classic Car and Motorcycle Run Charity Fundraiser Celebrates 10 Years
- Seventh Annual ADESA Boston Classic Car and Motorcycle Features Hundreds of Vehicles