More product choices, flexibility and efficiencies. That’s what dealers can access with Manheim’s new wholesale-to-retail solution unveiled today at a company press conference during last week's National Automobile Dealer Association (NADA) convention. The offering – created with dealer input – enables customers to select from six modular services that support their end-to-end remarketing activities. These include vehicle inventory identification, acquisition, inspection and reconditioning, merchandising and transportation.
“As used vehicle retail operations become a larger part of a dealership’s business mix, handling the many time-consuming activities associated with this process may pull focus from selling,” said Janet Barnard, Manheim North America president. “With Manheim’s new wholesale-to-retail solution, dealers can secure a variety of remarketing options via a single provider, making every aspect of the used vehicle retail process easier.”
This approach – tested for nearly a year at Manheim Denver – redefines the remarketing process for its wholesale customers, according to the company. Tapping Cox Automotive’s market intelligence and historical sales performance expertise, as well as Manheim’s physical and digital channels, the companies now provide dealers with a flexible suite of services and support that can adapt to changing business conditions.
Dealers can benefit from:
- Expertise and guidance that helps:
- Identify the vehicle types that will perform well for their location.
- Order vehicle inventory efficiently.
- Secure all-in-one pricing with reconditioning and delivery.
- Manheim facilitates providing lot space as increased volume is needed.
- Units ready for sale at time of delivery, saving floor plan costs.
- Augments current retail reconditioning, allowing more units to be frontline ready faster.
- Inventory management techniques and merchandising, from acquisition to digital formats.
The new wholesale-to-retail vehicle solution will be expanding at Manheim Denver and will be offered later this year at additional Manheim locations.