ADESA, a subsidiary of KAR Auction Services, Inc., announced that several of its auction locations raised $157,856 on behalf of JDRF.
JDRF is the leading funder of type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. Donations help perform necessary studies to cure, treat and prevent the disease among future generations.
Five auctions worked closely with Ford Motor Company’s Ford Global Action Team to bring awareness to the organization and its mission during a two-month campaign.This organization has been a recipient of ADESA’s charitable giving efforts for several years.
Some of the special events were:
- ADESA Indianapolis: Sweet Rides and Sugar Motorcycle Run and 5th Annual Car, Truck and Bike Show.
- ADESA Boston: 14thAnnual Classic Car and Motorcycle Run.
- ADESA Phoenix: Charity auction of two vehicles.
- ADESA Buffalo: Full-day event featuring an auction and celebrity golf tournament.
- ADESA Los Angeles: Charity motorcycle auction.
Local youth advocates also attended many of these events, sharing personal stories of living with type 1 diabetes and the importance of JDRF in their lives.